Thank you to all who helped to make last week’s visit of our Partnership guests from Israel and Budapest a great success!
We want to particularly say thank you to Stephanie Zavala, Mona Karten, Julie Berman, Kim Goldberg, Nancy Schechter Schwartz, and Marcy Paul for making time to be with the group during their short visit.
We kept our five visitors very busy. Over the course of two days they met with:
- Martis Herman to learn about the Garden at Ahavath Sholom
- Adena Cytron-Walker to learn about the MultiCultural Alliance
- Rabbi Bloom and Mayor Betsy Price to learn about the Mayor’s program Compassionate Fort Worth
- Rachel Cooper to learn about Camp Impact
- Presented at our Partnership Committee meeting
- Went out on the town with P2G committee members to visit the famous Billy Bob's
- Carole Rogers to learn about the work of Jewish Family Services
- Hedy Collins and daily JFS senior lunch group
- Louise Appleman to learn about the Beth-El Caring Committee
- Hollace Weiner to tour of historic Jewish Fort Worth
- Had a program with our Chaverim leadership group at the home of Suzie Kuptsin and attended a Hanukkah Party with the larger Chaverim group
The group visiting: Noa Tene, Yaniv Gilboa, Ory Rosin, Tanya Ronen (all from the Western Galilee) and Anikó Király (from Budapest) shared with us special community-based programs that they are running in their local areas. Programs such as;
- support for the 200+ Lone Soldiers in the Western Galilee
- The 'Treasure Warehouse' (an Eco-Educational warehouse to teach about recycling and become a depot for recycled educational supplies - filled with leftover industrial materials and other unused items)
- The Partnership Bridge - A series of outings for young people in Budapest to learn about the cultures of the city
- Kindergarten Playground Action Zones (for development of motor skills)
- Yizkor (Remember) Digital Book - Documenting the stories of Holocaust Survivors in all of our communities.